Wellington Children’s Foundation Incorporated
PO Box 1281, Wellington 6140
Guidelines for Applicants
- Application forms for grants are available mid-February to 31 March only. The form is available on this site as a PDF file which can be printed from your browser or saved to your computer. If saved and opened, it can be filled in onscreen by double-clicking on each field and typing a response then saving the completed form. Applications are to be emailed to email@example.com by 31 March. Alternatively, they can be posted to PO Box 1281, Wellington 6140, to be received by 31 March.
- If applications are sent by mail they should be posted without staples and in an A4 envelope.
- Any queries to our email address firstname.lastname@example.org will be checked daily during the above dates and at least once a month for the rest of the year.
- Limited funds are available. Our aim is to directly help children in need by supporting small projects or the purchase of items.
- No funding is available for salaries or for the purchase of land or buildings.
- Applications should include the organisation’s most recent financial statements.
- The decision of the Trustees is final, and no correspondence regarding the allocation of funds will be entered into.
- The Wellington Children’s Foundation reserves the right to publish the names of successful applicants and details of their grants.
Note for Applicants
We have noticed in recent years that a number of applications have been worded in very general terms, seeking funding for general operational expenses, rather than requesting funding for projects or items that directly help children in need as clearly specified in the Guidelines for Applicants above. Please note that your application may not be considered if it does not comply with these Guidelines.
Requirements for Successful Applicants
- Grants must be used for the purpose stated on your application form. The amount of the grant must be spent by 30 November in the year of receipt.
- Receipts and invoices must be sent to us by 30 November in the year of receipt. Part of the requirement of receiving a grant is to send or email documentation of the expenditure by the notified date. Failing to comply could jeopardise further grants.
- If you do not use the entire grant you must return the unspent amount.